The 2017 Tomorrow’s Agricultural Professional Symposium (TAPS) will be held on December 3-5, 2017 in conjunction with the 75th Professional Agricultural Workers Conference. The theme for TAPS is “Leading the World in the Production and Sustainability of Foods to Nourish Our Mind, Body, and Spirit”. This event is designed to acquaint high school juniors and seniors with hands-on experiences, topics, discoveries, careers and possibilities that agriculture and related fields have to offer. Special topics include:
- Agricultural Entrepreneurship
- Agricultural Leadership – Taking it to the Next Level
- Eco Hip Hop
- Food & Fitness
- Agricultural Exploration
- Agricultural Communication & Technology
- The Tuskegee Talk
- And More
Tomorrow’s Agricultural Professional Symposium (TAPS) is a reflection of the Tuskegee University College of Agriculture, Environment and Nutrition Sciences’ commitment to increase the awareness of educational and career opportunities in the fields of food, agriculture, natural resources and related sciences (FANRRS) for youth as a means of addressing workforce concerns in FANRRS. The goals of TAPS are achieved through a series of hands on experiences, including wet labs and site visits as well as leadership development and personal enrichment activities that bring home agricultural issues of today and tomorrow as well as the participant’s role in addressing these issues! TAPS offers two distinct programs, one of which is for high school students and a second specifically designed for collegiate students. By the end of the TAPS program, participants at every level will be able to operate more effectively and serve as leaders to others in addressing agricultural issues.
High School Program (December 3-5, 2017)
– This program is designed to acquaint high school sophomores, juniors and seniors with hands-on experiences, including wet labs and site visits as well as leadership development and personal enrichment activities as they explore educational and career opportunities in FANRRS. Special program activities and events include an Impromptu Speaking Contest, Elevator Speech, Agricultural Entrepreneurship Event as well as sessions on agricultural exploration, food and fitness, eco hip hop, communication technology, going green and much more!
Collegiate Program (December 3, 2017)
– The TAPS collegiate program is designed for collegiate students committed to enhancing their employability skills. The TAPS collegiate program will feature a series of professional development workshops focusing on employability skills and be delivered by members of the agribusiness community, including those from industry, government, academia and NGOs, setting the stage for the soft skills programs, such as the Leadership and Excellence by Tuskegee University Students (LET US) Academy. Program activities will include series of workshops that emphasize oral and written communication, STAR Interview Model, team-building and more!
2017 TAPS Program Flyer (COMING SOON!!!)
2017 TAPS Agenda for Collegiate Students (COMING SOON!!!)
2017 TAPS Program Partners and Sponsors
• TU Cooperative Extension Program